ACL Update Yo!

So if feels good to give you guys an update and not have to tag it with ‘rehab update’ being that I have been fully released and am no longer rehabbing. Its been roughly 7 months since I tore my ACL in training camp. The road to being fully cleared has had its bumps but it hasnt been the worst injury that I’ve had, and my previous injuries definitely prepared me on how to deal with this one from a rehab standpoint. Luckily confidence hasn’t been an issue when dealing with my knee, and this is something that I have definitely learned from having previous injuries. I have been able to jump back into where I was at without hesitating or thinking about my knee. I learned how to do this from my ankle injury in college. I’m probably at about 90%. Straight ahead I feel faster than I ever have but I still have work to do on my cutting stuff being that I have only been back at it for about 2 months.  Overall I’m feeling fantastic. Since getting back to Pittsburgh and training the last 4 weeks I have dropped 12 pounds and am back at my playing weight of about 215. Typically I stay anywhere between the 215-220 mark but am feeling great at where I am now. My trainers have been doing a great job working with me and I’m blessed to be able to work with people that are passionate about their work on a daily basis. The season is getting close and I couldn’t be more excited about the opportunity in front of me. Continue to pray for me because they are definitely felt! Here is a video of some of the drills that I have been doing to get back into shape and get my explosiveness back in my cuts, as well as do football specific drills pertaining to my position.

Posted 3 years ago

Comments

25 Responses to “ACL Update Yo!”

1. Hyperlink says:

at me a similar situation is ready to help knee diagnosis

2. Blaine Hinds says:

Baron,

You are looking good young man. You will be needed as Mendy is behind where you are. We are looking forward to you fulfilling your promise.

3. [...] Batch wrote on his personal blog about his injury and the fact that he has been fully released from rehab.  During training camp in [...]

4. Sue Froistad says:

Bigger, Faster, Stronger!! Bless you Baron! Praying for you!

5. baron baron says:

thanks for the support everyone! I cant wait for the season to get started

6. Judy Edwards says:

Wishing you all the best life has to offer…..You deserve it!

7. FordFairLane says:

Hey Baron,

You are looking good and keep up the good work. With Mendenhall 3-4 months behind you with his knee and Moore so far not being resigned I feel you have a great opportunity to get onto the field this season. Especially as the third down back right away with being able to snag some more carries as the season progresses. I like reading your blog and keep up the positive attitude because you are a Steeler favorite and the Steelernation is hoping to see those moves on the grid iron this fall!

8. Josh Kelley says:

Praying for you! Look good in the video! I have been following you since your I showed your I am second video to my youth group. I am a HUGE Steelers fan so I am doubly excited to see you get back in shape. :D

Josh

Middle of a Cornfield, IN

9. Steelergurl says:

Baron – you look great. I show these drills to my son because he’s training for his junior year in HS (though he’s a WR) and sometimes he gets tired of training…but you inspire him to keep at it. Appreciate all you do. Keep working! Can’t wait to see you on the field!

10. michelle says:

That’s awesome, Baron! Can’t wait to see you play. God bless.

11. Beverly Romako says:

You look great Baron! I am happy to see you drilling! Thanks for sharing this with us – you are a remarkable gentleman. God shines through you! Thanks!

12. David Hussey says:

Baron,

Member of Chargers nation here! My brother randomly showed me your blog and I think it’s cool how cool and grounded you are! Even though I don’t like the Steelers, I hope you really kick butt from here on out!

Do you ever talk to any of the other NFL players who are out with ACL injuries? There were so many this past year, and I’m wondering if you guys try to kind of go through it together.

13. Jen Wagerman says:

Will continue to keep you in my prayers and so very excited to see you improving everyday. God, indeed, is great!

14. Linda says:

You look great Baron and you are a true inspiration to so many! Keeping you in my prayers that you continue to make a full and complete recovery and that you will do great things on the field wearing black and gold! Thank you for sharing your progress. I enjoy reading everything that you post and the videos are great! God Bless You!!!

15. Hey Baron, this is Darryl from the Oakland Bay Area (yes, I’m a “Raidaz” fan…) just letting you know I am VERY much excited about the recovery for you and will be rooting that you make the final roster. Believing for God’s favor and light to shine on your path! Hey, I’m holding an event on April 16th for 250+ students in my youth program and it would be an honor if I could create a videotape of a word of encouragement from you that I could play at the event. Let me know if I can arrange a videographer out your way to record any brief speech about overcoming obstacles and I will include it in our activities at the event we are hosting with the Golden State Warriors. Email me back and let me know.

III John vs.2 “Dear friend, I pray that you may ENJOY GOOD HEALTH and that all may go well with you, even as your soul is getting along well.” (Capitalization Added)

16. Mona Mojica says:

Baron, many thanks for the update. God truly answers our prayers and is faithful to us. Keep up the awesome work..

17. mike says:

this is great Baron…being mendy is down….how’s the speed the moves looks great keep up the good workouts!

18. Jeff Talarico says:

Wow, it is so great to see how God can heal the human body. I loved going to Tech games and watching you run. You have no idea how I felt when the Black & Gold drafted you last year. Steeler Nation runs big in Texas and I can’t wait to see you take the ball.
    Blessings to you for your continued recovery and success with the greatest organization in the NFL.

19. [...] good news to pass along today as Pittsburgh Steelers running back Baron Batch reports today via his personal blog that he is no longer rehabbing his torn ACL suffered late in training camp last year and he [...]

20. Leslie says:

Baron, this is really great. Thanks for sharing this part of you with us. As a fan of all things football (but, of course, especially the Steelers), I’ve found these rehab posts really interesting. It’s been awesome to watch your progress.
    Rooting for you from Dayton, OH!

21. S Wilson says:

Thanks for the update and the Video. It’s wonderful to see you running and cutting again! God is so good and so good to YOU!
    Lots of Love and misses,
    S. Wilson

22. abejota88 says:

Great news Baron!

Been hoping to see you in action since you got drafted, your injury was just a stone in the way to greatness, i have really high hopes for you!

You have a fan here in Uruguay!